Friday, May 22, 2009

You gotta give them hope


Today was/is an exciting day, in my opinion. It is May 22nd, 2009. Today, Harvey Milk would have turned 79. It has also been announced that the Supreme Court will announce on Tuesday, May 26th their decision for Propsition 8.

(05-22) 13:40 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- The state Supreme Court will rule Tuesday on a challenge to Proposition 8, the ballot measure that reinstated California's ban on same-sex marriage. The court announced the impending decision today in lawsuits by same-sex couples and local governments, led by San Francisco, seeking to overturn the measure that 52 percent of California voters approved in November. If the court upholds the measure, it must also decide how the proposition affects the marriages of about 18,000 same-sex couples who wed before the Nov. 4 election



Fingers crossed for equality. I also wanted to mention that there is going to be a lot of rallies and support in various cities in California. Here is a good site to look up what is going on in your area.

Happy Birthday Harvey Milk.


2 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out there and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. One of the great things about living in Mass is that I can marry whoever I want Woman or Man. I hope your state gets that same opportunity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too, I really do. And that is cool that you live in Mass and are able to be with/marry whomever you want!! :)

    ReplyDelete